Cedars at Cobble Hill is a private, residential in-patient addiction treatment center situated on over 65 acres of west coast property in Cobble Hill on Vancouver Island, BC. Cedars is located approximately 1 hour from Nanaimo and Victoria, BC. Cedars at Cobble Hill is committed to ensuring that each patient receives the best possible addiction treatment for their individual needs. Through our full continuum of addiction recovery programs for men and women we provide a framework for sustainable recovery. Our employees enjoy a holistic and meaningful work environment, opportunities for personal and professional development, and a chance to make a difference.
Cedars employs individuals for the following departments:
- Community Care
- Counseling / Therapist
- Fitness / Wellness
- Housekeeping – CURRENT OPENING
- Support Staff
Cedars is currently looking for individuals interested in joining our housekeeping team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate and problem solve with other team members
- A commitment to creating a positive environment conducive to healing for both patients and staff
- Cleaning patients rooms, common areas, and staff buildings
- Working independently and as part of a team
- Support a safe working environment by working in compliance with health and safety regulations
- Safe operation of standard Housekeeping equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to operate in a professional manner within a confidential residential treatment setting
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to carry out instructions accurately with minimal supervision
- Ability to stand for extended period of time and perform repetitive movements
- Ability to perform physical tasks
- Passionate about addiction recovery considered an asset
- Previous housekeeping experience considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants may submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Annelies Briggs, Director of Facilities via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit a criminal record check as part of the application process, and participate in TB screening following start date.