Cedars at Cobble Hill is a private, residential in-patient addiction treatment center situated on over 65 acres of west coast property in Cobble Hill on Vancouver Island, BC. Cedars is located between Nanaimo and Victoria, BC. Cedars at Cobble Hill is committed to ensuring that each patient receives the best possible addiction treatment, based on their individual needs. Through our full continuum of inclusive addiction recovery programs we provide a framework for sustainable recovery. Our employees enjoy a progressive, holistic and meaningful work environment, opportunities for personal and professional development, and a chance to make a real difference.
We are currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses to fill 8 hour positions that include days, afternoons and potentially graveyards.
Some key nursing duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Providing an atmosphere of care and compassion, as patients start their journey in recovery
- Responsible for patient Detox assessments
- Administering medications, as prescribed
- Utilizing key nursing knowledge, expertise and critical thinking to assist staff to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and interventions.
- Providing care for patients following Physicians orders on intake or after assessments, charting
- Participating and collaborate with interdisciplinary, and community partnerships to enhance the health of individuals, families and loved ones
- Direct bedside care when necessary
- Participating in case consultation and treatment coordination with other members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Providing first aid as needed
- Current RN or LPN license
- One year of relevant experience would be considered an asset
- Life experience and/or formal education in mental health/addiction and substance use disorders an asset
- Knowledge and experience with addiction and substance use disorders an asset
- Current computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Work Schedule: Positions required for on call and scheduled days, afternoon and graveyard shifts
Excellent leadership and advancement opportunities with an innovative and growing organization.
Job Type: Casual and permanent part time
Please forward resumes to email@example.com
Cedars also employs individuals for the following departments:
- Community Care
- Counseling / Therapist
- Fitness / Wellness
- Support Staff
- Kitchen Staff